Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And Now I Think

I've seen these marks before
I've been strapped down and sore
I'm quite used to looking face down in the dirt.
I lived there all my life; hoping for something great.
I think I've found it now even though I just turned face up

I've seen these marks before
Now I'm breaking out
Yeah here I go.
And sure who doesn't fall along the way
But what matters is the sites you take in
And the pictures you take
These nights become so late
The faring moon greets you a new

I've seen these marks before
I've been without rest
And now I think I know why
Oh I know why
It's these thoughts that keep me wondering
Of prosperity and uncertainty
And now I'm gone
Hold it until I'm back

It's my thoughts in my head
It's my past that keeps me ahead
But please, you're the only one who can change that
Take me down slowly, I like it that way
And now I think I know why
It's taken me along time
Of these matters of realization and rebellion

But oh those old times when I was face down
They bring me back to where I came
Shown me things in a grey light
And now I'm here; taking in the new sites, thinking head over heels, and now things are surreal

No comments: