Saturday, August 11, 2007

Part Uno

The buildings and skies were grey. This was war. The entire strip was on fire. The sand on the beaches had turned to a mixture of gray and green. The oceans became a toxic soup for all sea life. This world was a warzone. Policital struggles were just a small contributer to this wreck. The polar ice caps had melted some time ago. We should do what we always do when things come to a extreme end. They load on the material into a shuttle bound for space and then detonate from remote control. However it may have seemed like a good idea. The situations with foriegn countries were peaking. World War III seemed like it was on the horizon. To top it all, from collaborations of hazardous material that had exploded in space, had collected. From top astronomists from the globe, the exploded material was enroute to intercept Earth. This comet some say was work of god.

This is hell on earth.

Weeks before the polar ice caps had melted some homeless people I had encountered on the streets were saying "Beware the water." "Do you like the way the water tastes?" I was oblivious to what they meant. Had these people know all along about the world going to shit? I wouldn't know. On my daily route to work, I always stop by to check on my friend Josh. Josh usually would give me some good gossip on things in the local area. Sometimes he would tell me about drug deals that would be going down and he'd see if he could get in the score. Girls that split with their boyfriends. New jobs, sports, food card discounts, cars, anything this guy could talk your ear off.

"Hey Josh, how are ya doin?"
"You crazy fuck, wait till you hear this!"
"What's up?" Josh motioned me to sit down in his little patio porch. Josh's patio was nice. Made from oak, really hard shit. Expensive too in this day and age. Josh's patio reminded me of like a mob meeting place or something. Just the way of he talked always reminded me of a mob guy, even though I knew damn well this guy did nothing. Josh lived on his own and he liked it like that. Money was never a real problem for him. Before the stock market crisis of 34' his parents had invested a ton of money into a trust account for him. After several account matuarations he was well made.

"Have a fuckin sit you whore!"
"Ok ok, jeez what's the big deal?"
"Well do you remember that incident that happened with the middle east, the one with the discovery of the madagratze?"
"Yeah what about it?"
"Well I guess on the news today, the middle east has collaborated with russia and you know what that means."
"Oh jesus, that means it's pretty much us and them, I mean espeically with every other country with their own civil wars and epidemics. There's no way they'd get involved even if every fat fuck politiican wanted to. They just can't."
"Exactly, and I've been thinking lately..."
"Oh yeah about what?"
"Well I mean with this new update, and the majority of homeless people chanting 'beware the water' and shit like that; I wonder if they know something?"
"Well what's going on with the capital? I mean did they respond at all to this?"
"Oh come on you know how every little threat is thrown at our government."
"Let me guess there was a "no worry" speech on T.V. and the big guy has decided that we will welcome any danger and go face it because we are supreme?
"Well you pretty much hit the nail on the head there buddy."
"Heh whaddya expect out of our own government." I said

The clock rang three bells and I had totally forgotten about work. "Shit! Josh I gotta catch ya later man! I'm late for work!"
"Ok well you stop by later and just maybe we'll burn our nation's flag heh?"
"(laughs) right on! later alligator!"

I exited his patio door and walked out onto the streets. These streets never changed. It's as if there was always the same amount of trash. The same amount of business suits walking. The same amount of young adults walking down the streets. The same couples holding hands walking down the avenue. Like everything was in a timeless era. I started up the street. I worked at multi-business orientated building approximately 50 stories high. The front entrace hall was always littered with homeless. It was so annoying. I worked on all the floors. I was a mail carrier. I delivered everywhere in the building. There was a team of us. Each of us would be assigned a section to the building with our totes and letters that had already been sorted out. The front entrance man was a sterotypical security guard. Tall, bald, and spoke in monotone. "Good afternoon Ma.." "Sorry Steve, I gotta get down there and clock in I'm runnin late!" "Oh I know how that goes." I opened the door labeled "Employees Only" and thats when it happened. The ground shook violently and the lights went out for a second only to be returned with the emergency power. Another violent shake happened and threw me down on my back. The windows outside showed people falling to ground. Another shake happened and then I finally saw what these shakes were. They were bombs falling from the skies. People were being thrown from these explosions that were closed to them. I put my hands the ground and pushed myself up. Upon standing, a sudden alarm was heard and the emergency lights were flashing maroon. "Code maroon, we're under terroistic attack." They taught you this kinda shit just so you know. One less person that is running around in complete pandemonium. At least that's the way I looked at it. I started thinking about those people upstairs. I needed to see what was happening outside. I ran around a hoarde of crying people in the lobby area and pushed the doors open. I looked left and right and saw people lying the streets. Bombs were still hitting the ground, I could feel them. I looked up and saw my building on fire. It was as if someone took a rifle and fired quail shot and this building. I ran back inside the building. Steve ran to me and shouted "We're under attack, according to the folks on the west coast they're fucked like us. Every major city is being bombed like this!!"
"Even the midwest?" I asked. "Yeah!" That's when I fell to the ground and I stayed down. And that's the last thing I remember.

I opened my eyes. The place was quiet. I moved my head around. Steve was gone. I tried to get up when suddenly three men in chemical suits came in and exclaimed "Don't Move!"

To Be Continued...

No comments: