Monday, June 19, 2006

A Gathering

I've put so must trust in everyone.
And now I know the other side.

I smile.
I get up from the poker table.
And turn when all of a sudden I hear "Hey!....."
I turn, "What?"
"You were cheatin....." He says
"Prove it." I say
He does nothing.
Everyone looks at him and then at me.
I approach him.
WAM! I crush his face with the force from my fist.
He lies there bleeding and holding his face.
Everyone looks at me.
I look at them.
The smell in the air is of unrooted hate.
I was there tryin to have a fun time.
Trying to preserve what I used to love.
They can have it.
All of it.
Because of this new "unrooted hate" has overtaken most of them.
I grab my coat.
I look back at him, lying on the ground.
My most trusted friend at one point.
Now trying to mess up what had been so great.
"How do you all feel? .....great? happy? relieved?" I ask putting a hand on the door handle, looking back at them.
No one replys.
They look away from me.
"I'm finished, I'm done, when he grows a set (points), and when you all decide to have some god forsaken fun! (sarcasim intended) everything will be ok again, when all of you are done with your childish actin and wanna have some fun, thats when I'll come back. But for now, stay the hell away from me, don't try to dilute me anymore like you've all tried to do so many times."
Someone is tugging on my coat.
I don't even look back.
I walk out into the snowy black night.
Open the door to my car.
I fire it up.
I shift into drive and look back at window.
I can see 3 of them looking at me.
I start my way home.

No comments: